Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Photoshop Project

Potato House 
For this project I wanted to make a landscape out of food. Once I got started however I thought a humble little potato house and broccoli tree would be a good start with my first time with photoshop. I had fun working with the layering trying to get perspectives right. When I first put the potato house down it cut into the landscape too much and looked too flat, so I thought to hide the base with some bushes. This helped, but I think there is something funky about the bushes in front and I couldn't figure out how to make them look like they better belonged. Lucky for me the internet is full of pictures of vegetables with good lighting and white backgrounds so eliminating elements that weren't part of the final project were a breeze.

Putting the door, windows and chimney on the potato worked when I used the multiply setting on the paint brush to add a little shadowing to make them look like they're there. I also did a little shading in parts of the broccoli tree.

I'm proud of this as my first interaction with photoshop as a program, but I need to improve on perspective and shading.

2 comments:

  1. wow! Its beautiful. Really nice work.

    I was thinking your construction paper art might be a good match for the shapes lesson in 3d today. could be neat to take an image and bring it into 3d...

    ReplyDelete