Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Maya Space Ruin Preproduction

I was thinking about creating a creature space ship that could also make its way into the depths of the ocean. It's a mantaray form with a steamboat wheel as propellor and living quarters underneath. I'm thinking about adding some piping for extra oomph.

These photos are my inspiration.
Pretty much just copied this. I'll have to change that.

Proud Steamboat
Looking at some of these exhaust pipes
Help to get the overall shape of a manta-ray
From below
From Side

Straight On
From Above



My Pretty Special Steamboat Wheel
The manta ray was made by extruding a plane and then working with the vertexes, edges and faces to mold the shape that I wanted. I turned on the smoother which gave a beautiful look to the manta ray, but unfortunately it did not render out that way. I will have to investigate further.

No comments:

Post a Comment