Thursday, September 23, 2010

Easing and Parenting

I just got After Effects on my home computer so watch out it'll be getting crazy pretty soon. For this project I worked with parenting and eases.

I took the blob fish and yellow submarine into photoshop and eliminated the backgrounds and created the suction cup that's on the bottom of the submarine. I took the suction cup into the layer window and used the puppet pin tool to wave it around and make it suck. Back in the composition I parented the suction cup so that it would stay with the submarine. The blob fish was a little different. I made two different blob fish layers that start and ended at different times. The first one ended right before the blob fish is sucked up. The other one starts immediately after. I did this so that I could parent the fish with the submarine only after it was sucked up. 

The motion of the submarine was eased down so that it would approach the blob fish slowly and then it was sped up so that it would fly away. This was done with a bezier curve to the timeline. 

Due to problems with vimeo and youtube I can not put this video online yet. I will work on it and have it here soon.

1 comment: