Sunday, December 5, 2010

Final Stages

Construction Paper pieces were separated on to individual Photoshop layers so that they could be animated individually in After Effects.

Other than the common keys for things like position, scale and rotation I did a few other techniques. I made each piece 3-d so that I could use a camera to navigate in between the scenes. Parenting was also a technique that I used frequently in order to make the cat or other elements move together since everything was built on it's own layer but had to create one creature. I used puppet pins as well to create  fluid motion in the stiff paper parts that weren't suited for multiple layer construction.

Sound has to be added next which is one of my favorite parts because it gives the piece so much life. I'm going to look the the sound catalogue and get me some good sounds. I'll export the completed project from After Effects with no sound. From there, I'll take the .mov file into Final Cut Pro to add the layers of sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment