Monday, November 15, 2010

After Effects Final Project

For my final project in after effects I was hoping to create an animation using construction paper to tell my story. I want to make a short 1-2 minute project telling a story about a cute animal and the things that that animal has to say about the world around it. I did a construction paper comic strip in French for a high school competition using jokes about idiomatic expressions. My life has clearly been affected by Amelia Bedelia http://www.harpercollinschildrens.com/kids/gamesandcontests/features/amelia/   I was thinking about doing something like that but with creatures. I'm not the most skilled at construction paper animals because their dimensions are a bit tricky but I'm thinking it'll definitely be some sort of creature. Once I have created the creatures and backdrops I would like to import them into After Effects on different layers so that I can animate the various pieces of the animation. The facial expressions will be animated as well.

Here is my estimated schedule

Week 1-
   Planning. Creating a vision for the creature and the world that he will interact with. The script should be written during this week.
Week 2-
   Creating. The script should be finalized and the creature and environments should be in the initial stages of construction. This will be very time consuming.
Week 3-
    Integrating. Finishing creation of the construction paper. Eat Thanksgiving Dinner. Begin taking the project into after effects and animating
Week 4-
    Animating. Completion of the interaction and animation of the construction paper creatures and worlds. And finally rendering.

This may seem like not very much time spent in after effects for an after effects project, but completing a construction paper animation has been a dream of mine and this is a great platform to complete it in. The weeks prior to week 4 will be completed with thought of how the creatures will be able to work in the after affects program. Also week 4 will be a very busy week as I will be devoting a lot of my time to completing the project. I will have more time to work on it then and will have thought a great deal about how to ring the animation together before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment