Thursday, October 14, 2010

Text in After Effects

I created a text in photoshop that I wanted along with decorative attributes on different layers so that I could bring them into After Effects and animate them they way I wanted. The main technique for this text animation is scaling and I moved the snow and Santa hat accordingly.


Santa Text from catlin lundeen on Vimeo.

It was short and I wanted to see what else that I could do. The next piece is not as colorful but takes many more motion tracks in the telling of the story. Each line was given a path to follow in the telling of the story. On top of the motion path that they followed they were given other ramifications for change such as rotation or scaling. For the line "on my" I made it 3-D so that it could fall forward on the z-axis.


A text story from Caitlin Lundin on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment